4/29/12

What Do You Think???

Life is so much more beautiful when you smile and think positive thoughtsJ
Yes, I’m one of those optimistic types! But I also really believe that your outlook on your circumstances, situations, and life in general, really impact your overall happiness and appreciation for things; it all depends on your attitude.
Before I left the country for holiday I was dealing with a lot of negativity and it was impacting my mindset, my emotions, and my general well being. I was surrounded by pessimistic people who didn’t know the power of words, and instead of distancing myself from them (because I didn’t want to appear mean or offend anyone), I just kind of went with it and slowly but surely my own usually positive perspective begin to alter.
Which brings me to some realities that I have learned over the past few weeks about mindsets, attitudes, and perspectives:
·         Negativity Breeds Negativity- No matter how much of a positive person you are, if you are surrounded by negative people for long enough, they are going to influence the manner in which you think about things. In short, just be careful who you surround yourself with.

·         Change Your Mindset- I don’t want to sound like a cliché, but the mind is a powerful thing. Making the decision to change the way in which you think about things can be the difference between a happy and fulfilling life vs. a life of defeat, pain, and low-self esteem. Know your worth, think positive thoughts, and chase after your dreams.

I always remind myself that this is not a trial run of life…I’m actually living it and I can’t go back later and change things. I need to make every moment count, and strive to be the person that I want to be each and every day of my life. I don’t want to look back over my life later and wish that I would have done something or realize that I was living someone else’s dream. This is my time and I am going to make the most of it!

Likewise, this is your life, your moment…you can be anything that you want to be. Believe in yourself, make realistic goals, and go after it!!! If you believe it, you really can achieve it ~ it’s all in your mind. If you win the battle of negative thoughts over your mind, than you have basically won the battle, so change your mindset!

·       Surround Yourself With Positive, Like Minded People- This kind of relates to my first point, but it is important enough to have its own bullet point. If you always have these really cool or creative ideas, and your friends or family are always like ‘well I don’t know about that’, or ‘I’m not sure if that’s possible’, or  ‘maybe you should try something else…maybe that’s a little too hard’, or whatever else people say to others to try to impart their own ideas onto them... Don’t worry about what other people say.

Surround yourself with people who share your vision, who genuinely want the best for you, and who aren’t going to become envious or jealous when you do succeed (because you ARE going to succeed), but will really be happy for you.

You are only as limited as your ideas and imaginations. Don’t allow someone else to impose limitations on you because they don’t think you can do something. What do you think??? I think it’s great to get the opinions of others, and to be realistic about your dreams and objectives, but at the end of it all you don’t want to find yourself saying “I wish I would have tried that…”. Go after your dreams, and don’t let anyone stop you…including yourself. Put your mind to, continue to think positive thoughts, and try your best. The outcome may surprise you and bring your naysayers to silence.

·         Don’t Be Too Hard On Yourself- It’s ok to make mistakes. It’s ok to fall down; we all do it (I promise J). Just GET BACK UP AGAIN. Don’t stay in that place. Tell yourself ‘ok, maybe that didn’t work out but maybe I can try it this way’ or ‘this might be a better way of doing that’.

·       Take Some Time To Get Away & Re-evaluate Things- Pray, meditate, get away…. Do what you need to do to get to yourself, think about your goals and where you currently are, and draft up a plan of where you want to go. Sometimes there are so many people speaking and giving their opinions, and so many things impacting you, that its difficult to remember why you are doing what you are doing in the first place…Get away.

·        Rest- Turn off the computer, cell phones, tvs, (anything that’s a distraction or that takes your focus/concentration), and just rest. Allow your mind, body, and spirit time to be rejuvenated and revived, and in that time seek God and get quiet.
While all of these points may not be applicable to you, try out the ones that work for you and make it happen! Don’t look back over your life with regrets or wishing that you would have done something. The only thing stopping you is you.
Along the way some things may arise, or circumstances may change, but work around them. If you really want something, nothing should be able to stop you from doing it but you…so change your mindset, and go after it.
Oh, and let me know how it goes, because I’m rooting for you J.
-Make It Happen-
P.S. Stay tuned for tomorrow’s Monologue Monday post. I’m going to tell you my 10 reasons why I’m waiting…It’s going to be juicy (lol- not really but I did blush a lot some while writing it J)….

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate ya'll for taking the time to comment. Tell me your thoughts, and I'll try to respond back as soon as possible. Have a good day :)