4/25/12

Monologue Monday: Thank You!!!

I know that I’m late in posting this, but I have been away on holiday for the past three weeks. I’m back now though…so better late than never right?!?!

Anywho, I recently received a note from one of our young readers who wanted to say thank you for this site, and to all of the women who have contributed to it. It was so heartwarming and so encouraging that I thought that it needed to be shared with all of you. (I have omitted the name though).
To all of the women who have guest blogged with me, thank you for helping me to make a difference. You women are phenomenal and without you this site would not be what it is. As you will see below, your stories are impacting people in a powerful way, so thanks so much!
And to the young one that wrote this, you put the biggest smile on my face. Thanks for encouraging ME!!! J
Without further ado, here is the most recent letter I received:

Hi Virgin Monologuez,

I just wanted to send you a quick thank you letter to let you know how much of an inspiration that your site has been to me. I am a teenager, and to hear some of the stories that many of the women on your site have written has really helped to open my eyes to a lot of things.
Like many young women my age, I have enjoyed my share of reality tv and mass media in general. At one point I was completely addicted and intrigued by the lifestyle of being glamorous, dating multiple guys, doing the “no strings attached thing”, and acting nonchalant about it all. (It was all around me, so it seemed like the cool, natural thing to do).
I wanted to imitate the Kim Kardashians of the world, who are plastered throughout the media and admired by many... I wanted to be fabulous too.
What the media doesn’t mention however is that a good name and reputation is better than any fame or monetary possessions. Or that “reality tv” is not so real, and that behind the scenes these women have a lot of issues that impact their happiness and affect their self-worth. Or that giving yourself away to multiple guys makes you feel used, insecure, and always longing for more attention.
There is nothing beautiful or glamorous about freely giving yourself away to others, never to be able to retrieve that part of you back….they don’t mention that though…I know however because I have experienced it.
This is why I wanted to take the time to say thank you to you, your site, and to all of the women who have taken the time to share their stories with the world. I can only imagine how much courage it took for them to put themselves out there, but as a result of their openness, people like me are getting the real truth about how our actions affect every part of our lives….there is no such thing as keeping it casual or no strings attached.
So to all of you women who have stepped out to take a stance and to let the rest of us know what relationships, sex, self-esteem, and self-worth are really all about, thank you. You are the real role models.
I know it may have been difficult to just put it out there, but you have changed the mindset of at least one young woman, and that has the potential to change an entire generation.
Please keep doing what you are doing, and never stop making posts. My mindset and my decisions have changed because you ladies have been real with me.
Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate ya'll for taking the time to comment. Tell me your thoughts, and I'll try to respond back as soon as possible. Have a good day :)