4/11/12

Are You Single??? Forget About It!!!

It’s a crazy title, I know. But the fact is that over the past several months I have heard so many people commenting on their lack of a mate, so I just thought that I would address it. (And if I’m to be honest with you, I too have been guilty of this once or twice…ok maybe three times, but no more than that I promise J).

So what I realized, and something that I think will help you if you can relate to asking the following questions: “When is it going to be my turn?” or “Why are all of my friends getting married and I’m not?” or any other similar questions, is that if these are the questions that you are repeatedly asking, then your focus is in the wrong place.
I’m not saying that I think that there is anything wrong with wondering why, but there is something wrong with allowing yourself to wallow in self-pity or to envy another person’s relationship.
Which brings me back to the title and point of this post; the best remedy for this situation is to bring your concerns to God, and then just forget about it…let that sink in for a bit…just leave it in His hands and trust that in His timing He will bring forth the man that He has set aside for you.
In the mean time, do something to help someone else out or to encourage them. Call a friend that you haven’t heard from in a while and tell them you were thinking about them, volunteer to babysit for a couple so that they can get away for a few hours, go visit an elderly person and sit and talk with them for a while. Basically, just take your mind off of you and your “problems”, and focus on someone else for a while…Change your focus.
That has been my motto and it has been so rewarding. While every once in a while satan tries to discourage me on this journey, he is always an EPIC FAIL because I realize what he is trying to do, and I refuse to allow my mind to entertain the negative thoughts. I change my mindset, think on positive things, and go out and try to make a difference in someone else’s life.
If all else fails and you still can’t stop dwelling on your lack of a mate, you can always watch the news, Snapped (crime show on Oxygen), Lifetime, or the myriad of other shows on television or on the internet that shows what can happen when one gets into a relationship that they shouldn’t be in….people are C.R.A.Z.Y.
If that’s not enough to make you want to be patient and wait on God, then you might want to rethink some things. FORREAL.
I’m not saying be paranoid, but when you try to rush things because you are lonely, envious, longing for, or desiring a relationship, and you get into a relationship that you were never supposed to be in, things can go south quick.
In short, just pray about it, forget about it (trusting God to work it out), and change your focus. Forget about yourself and your concerns, and focus on others around about you. You will be much happier, and you will have impacted someone else’s life along the way.
Have a good day ya’ll, and do something nice for someone else today J!!!

-Virgin Monologuez

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate ya'll for taking the time to comment. Tell me your thoughts, and I'll try to respond back as soon as possible. Have a good day :)