12/10/12

Make It Happen


So I told you all in the last post that this week is going to be dedicated to all the guys out there who check out this site from time to time.

While I was initially going to start the week off with a Monologue Monday post commenting on how a man should be treated, I decided what better way to start it off than with some encouragement and support. So before I post the monologue (which should be up later tonight), check out this inspirational poem below encouraging all you guys (and girls J), to get out there and reach for the stars….go after your dreams.

Whatever it is that you have wanted to do but have talked yourself out of doing, or have settled for less than because you felt like you couldn’t do it or didn’t deserve it, get out of your comfort zone and go make it happen.


The Comfort Zone


I used to have a comfort zone where I knew I wouldn’t fail.
The same four walls and busywork were really more like jail.
I longed so much to do the things I’d never done before,
But stayed inside my comfort zone and paced the same old floor.
I said it didn‘t matter that I wasn’t doing much.
I said I didn’t care for things like commission checks and such.
I claimed to be so busy with the things inside the zone,
But deep inside I longed for something special of my own.
I couldn’t let my life go by just watching others win.
I held my breath; I stepped outside and let the change begin.
I took a step and with new strength I’d never felt before,
I kissed my comfort zone goodbye and closed and locked the door.
If you’re in a comfort zone, afraid to venture out,
Remember that all winners were at one time filled with doubt.
A step or two and words of praise can make your dreams come true.
Reach for your future with a smile; Success is there for you!
                                                                                       -Unknown
 

-Virgin Monologuez

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate ya'll for taking the time to comment. Tell me your thoughts, and I'll try to respond back as soon as possible. Have a good day :)