5/3/12

It's O.K.

You know what??? As I go through life, I am ever evolving. I am constantly learning.

Learning how to be a better friend, learning how to become a better person… learning how to live. Each day is a new experience and it brings greater insight. I become more confident and comfortable in my own skin, and I grow as a person. I have some enduring days, I experience some tough nights, but I always have a lot of joyful moments.
In short, I’m growing up as a person, and I always strive to document that process through my writing; not just to share it with you all, but as a source of encouragement to myself, to say ‘wow, look how far I have come…I used to struggle with this or that, but that issue no longer phases me’.
That’s why I blog. The truth is that even before I started blogging, I have ALWAYS kept a journal. It’s a part of who I am….its how I express myself. So even though I have taken it to another level by doing so both publicly and personally now, I still love doing so. In a sense, it holds me accountable and makes me really evaluate what’s going on in my life and around about me.
That said, from time to time, I want to really share myself and my growing pains/joys with you by posting points of encouragement, acknowledgement, growth, and sometimes even reproach….all with the title of It’s O.K.
So here goes my first It’s O.K. post (reminiscent of Oprah’s Aha Moments J):


It’s O.K. to laugh until your stomach hurts!!!
Sometimes I laugh so hard, that my stomach is literally hurting hours later.
We need to learn to enjoy life, and to not be so stuffy serious all the time. At some point, your life is going to come to an end, and you don’t want to look back and realize that you never experienced real joy…real contentment.
So try not to take yourself or life too seriously. Life is so much better when you laugh (and so are your abs J)!
As much of a cliché as it is and as corny as it may sound, one of my favorite quotes is:

‘Life is not about how many breaths you take, but it’s about how many moments take your breath away’.   
       -Anonymous
Don’t die (or live) unhappy; no matter how many years of life that you are blessed with, do they really matter if you were sad and depressed the entire time???

-Learn to enjoy life-

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate ya'll for taking the time to comment. Tell me your thoughts, and I'll try to respond back as soon as possible. Have a good day :)