3/6/12

The Male's Perspective: My Interview with Kyle

So today you will meet Kyle. I was introduced to him through my brother (they went to college together), and we’ve stayed in touch every since.
For those ladies wondering where all the good guys are, here is one!!! Lol, no seriously he is one of the most chilled, laid back people that I have ever met. He is also a really ambitious and caring person.

He constantly goes out of his way to do nice things for other people, and gives one hundred percent of himself in everything that he does. His motivation and determination are infectious and makes you feel invigorated after spending time with him.

I don’t want to swell his head up, and he doesn’t even know that I’m writing all this stuff about him, but Kyle is also EASILY one of the best dressed guys that I know- and he’s oh so suave but humble about it too.

Anyway though hopefully by now you have a pretty good idea of who he is, so here is the interview:
 
The Male’s Perspective: Kyle

1. Why did you agree to allow me to interview you? I agreed to be interviewed because I wanted to share my experiences with the hopes that I may encourage someone else.

2. What’s your favorite part about a woman? Even though the physical attributes matter, I focus more on what’s underneath all of that: her mind. I love a woman’s personality and her confidence. I’m intrigued by a woman who knows how to carry herself.

3.  How do you feel about weave, make-up, and/or plastic surgery? I like a woman’s natural beauty but make-up, weave, and/or surgery is ok if it’s kept to a bare minimum- 24 inch weave down your back is not natural looking.

I believe it should be used in moderation to enhance what she already has. Women are very beautiful beings and they should recognize that. I think that they should use these tools to compliment the unique features that they already possess.  

4. Are you in a relationship? No, I’m not. I haven’t found that special woman yet who is going to steal my heart- someone who I feel 100% comfortable around. I am a very meticulous person and I don’t want to waste my time, so I’m just waiting until the right one comes along. I want a woman who is mature and open to trying new things and exploring different places. I don’t want to date someone who isn’t open-minded to expanding her horizons. I want someone who wants to explore the world and its surroundings with me.

5. What would a first date look like with you? I like to keep first dates simple. Maybe an evening at a wine bar or something- nothing too overwhelming but not too cheap either. I really like to try to get to know a person through conversation before spending tons of dollars on expensive meals. So to me a wine date is a great way to weed them out before things start getting more serious.

6. What’s the nicest thing that a female ever did for you? Good question, ummmm… I would have to say just being there and supporting me through my hardest times and making sure that I had everything that I needed. Knowing that she could’ve been anywhere else but she was there supporting me instead says a lot.

7. What do you think about sex before marriage? Sex creates a bond or level of attachment between two people that is not easily separated, even if you concentrate on just ‘keeping it casual’. Since the connection that is formed is so powerful, I think that a person should wait until they are married to have sex because that’s when you know that you have found the right one- you don’t have to worry about being attached to someone intimately who wasn’t right for you.

8. How do you feel about living with someone before actually marrying them? A big no no! You should be trying to establish yourself. How can u live with and support somebody if you’re not established yourself? That said, I can understand once a couple is engaged and about to be married soon, them moving in together while they make all the final arrangements and start preparing for their new life together if they decide that’s what’s best for them.

9. Why do you think some guys degrade women? Because they have low self-esteem and they don't have any morals. Some guys have seen and been taught these behaviors as a child and that mindset has just carried over with them into adulthood. They were never taught how to be a gentleman, so they don’t know how to act like one; they emulate what they see.

10. What dating tips would you give to the guys reading this? Take things slow and enjoy getting to know the person. Also, don't mislead women and keep an open line of communication with them…be truthful. This will eliminate a lot of unnecessary problems.

11. You’re a college grad who pledge to a fraternity while getting your undergrad degree, what do you think about frat guys and the reputation that some of them have with girls? Using your fraternity as a mechanism to approach girls is not good. A guy should rely on his personality. A fraternity is about brotherhood, not about seeing how many women you can date. Every fraternity has certain stigmas about them, but that doesn’t mean that a guy should conform to them. A frat should not dictate a man; the man should dictate his fraternity.
12. Kyle, you are one of the best dressed guys that I have ever seen- seriously. I remember when I first met you how I was like ‘man, why did I just throw something on…this dude looks like he just stepped out of GQ magazine’! I have heard of too many girls (and experienced it myself J), who spend a good amount of time preparing for their date and making sure that they are presenting themselves well, only for the guy to show up in jeans and a t-shirt like he gave no consideration to the date at all. What are some quick fashion tips you can give to the men reading this? Know the occasion and the atmosphere, and dress appropriately. To the female, I would say if a guy doesn’t meet your expectations tell him so he’ll know next time because it’s all a learning experiencing. His ego might get in the way a little, but he’ll come around and he’ll thank you for it in the end. This may mean that you have to go shopping with him, but just be patient. You’re not trying to change him though, some men just need help.
13. Is there anything else that you would like to add that I didn’t ask you? Don't get caught up in your own selfish ways when it comes to dating. Be considerate of the other person. If you know they are unhappy, be supportive and willing to let them go.
A lot of times in relationships you know what you want and whether or not it’s going to work for you pretty soon. If you know it’s not going to work, keep moving. Don’t just keep someone around just to keep them around or because you are scared to be alone. Be comfortable with who you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate ya'll for taking the time to comment. Tell me your thoughts, and I'll try to respond back as soon as possible. Have a good day :)