3/23/12

Have A Minute…Let’s chat!

I told you a couple of days ago that there were some things that I wanted to get off my chest, so if you don’t mind, I’m going to do that right now.
I started this blog a little over a month ago- don’t freak out I’m not about to close it down or anything!- but I started it with the purpose of encouraging teens, young women and older women alike, to value ourselves, to think about our choices when it comes to being intimate, to encourage and support each other, to share our personal experiences and stories, and to gain insight into the male’s perspective on women.
Somewhere along the journey I lost a bit of focus. I started focusing more on the followers that I was getting, than on the message that I was trying to portray. I started listening to other people talk about stats, rss feeds, audience numbers, and all of the technical stuff that goes with gaining a larger reader base. For about two seconds I was becoming someone that I don’t want to be.
I never started this site for attention, recognition, publicity, or any type of ‘getting more readers/subscribers/followers’. While I want people to read this blog, and I pray to God that it encourages them, I want it to be about the quality and the content of what I am putting on the web.
I genuinely am a humble person, and I don’t like it when my focus or attention shifts in a direction that it should never be going in the first place. Thus, I am making a few slight changes to the site. You might not even notice them, but I will know and I will be at peace that I am being true to myself and to you.
The changes that I am implementing are: A) for now I am removing the ‘members/followers tab’ from the site all together. (It might be really important to other people depending on the purpose of their site, but for me it became a distraction and I’m not having that. That’s not to say in the future I won’t put it back, but for right now it’s not important). B) I started off doing this and will continue to do so, but I am going to approach this site like I am talking to my younger sister (if I had one). When I was growing up, outside of my mom, there were no older but younger girls who I could relate to and talk to about the issues that I was facing in jr. high, high school, and even college. I either talked to my mom or figured it out on my own. I don’t want other girls to feel like that. If you ever have a question or need a shoulder to cry on, I am here and as much as possible I will try to listen, answer any questions, or give advice to the best of my ability (my email is virginmonologuez@gmail.com). And finally, C) I am going to remain true to myself. Pleasing others will get you no where in life but living someone else’s dream. I refuse to do things that I don’t agree with just because someone else thinks that it might be a good idea. That’s just not cool.
I am going to continue to write, put up inspirational quotes and poems, and share my story and the stories of other women for as long as the internet exists and I have something to say. The only thing that I am requesting of myself is that I keep it real with you (and with myself), and to have fun in the process.
I apologize for this rather long post, but it is something that HAD to be said. I’m sorry for loosing focus and putting my attention somewhere that it shouldn’t have been, but I’m back and I’m ready to go!!!!
Go grab a blanket and some delicious snacks, and let’s enjoy ourselves; sharing our stories; our thoughts…one post at a time.
-Virgin Monologuez

1 comment:

I really appreciate ya'll for taking the time to comment. Tell me your thoughts, and I'll try to respond back as soon as possible. Have a good day :)