6/22/12

True Life: Teach Me God How to Number My Days


I’m having a bit of an off day today…
I told you all that a close relative of mine passed away last Sunday, and even though I was a bit stoic around everybody while I was home (because I didn’t want them worrying about me), the news and the reality that he is gone has really done something to me.
“He” is my cousin by the way… my mother helped raised him like my brother and he has been around me and my other two brothers my entire life- just like another part of the family.
I wasn’t going to post anything about it more than I already have because it’s such a personal subject, but the fact that he is no longer here is so surreal to me that it really is affecting me.
To see my brothers and my mother break down the way that they did (when usually they are the most composed individuals that I know) was shocking to me and really hard to handle.
I think the hardest thing to handle though (outside of the reality that he’s not going to be around anymore), is the truth that we are all going to die someday.
I’m not naïve… I know that everyone dies...but when it happens unexpectedly and at such a young age, it sends a shock to your system that you aren’t quite prepared for. In fact when I found out that he was gone, it felt like my heart was breaking and all I could do was gasp for air. I felt out of control, confused, and numb.
I don’t want to stay in that place though…
I just want to remind everyone to make the most out of everyday. There is so much that I want to accomplish and so many dreams that I have that I want to see come to fruition, and to be reminded that life is so short and that no one knows when their final day will be really pushes me even harder.
I used to think that I was invincible and that I had all the time in the world to do anything, but I have been reminded that death comes in all ages and stages.
I don’t mean for this to be such a heavy post and I realize that it has nothing to do with this blog per say, but I just wanted to remind everyone to take nothing for granted and to make the most out of every moment.
If there is something that you have been wanting to try, go for it; If there has been a dream or idea that you have been cultivating but scared to make that first step, take a step of faith.
At the end of the day, the most important things that we can possess is our faith, love (family and friends), and hope.
Tomorrow is not promised to you, but the moment that you are in now- live it to its fullest capacity. Don’t live a life full of regrets, or by saying ‘one day I’m going to do this or try that’. There is no time like the present.

-Live life to the fullest and make the most out of every opportunity

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate ya'll for taking the time to comment. Tell me your thoughts, and I'll try to respond back as soon as possible. Have a good day :)