3/1/13

My Wardrobe Essentials

So I’m going shopping soon and was trying to compose a list of the absolute essentials that I need to have in my wardrobe which can both, take me from day to evening, as well as remain staple pieces throughout the various seasons.
 
I’m sure that there are tons of articles and posts about “what every woman should have in her wardrobe” commentaries throughout the internet, so I’m just going to share with you all some of the things that have made my list (and that may or may not be popular choices!).
If you have any tips or suggestions please feel free to leave a comment below letting me know what your favorite place to shop is. (I’m always looking for a new place online or a trendy boutique to check out!)
My Essential Pieces

Blazer –You can throw a blazer on just about anything and instantly glam it up!

Nice Pair of Fitted Trousers –A tailor can do wonders for your wardrobe. Even if your budget for clothing is small, if you can spare a few dollars on tailoring and get the item fitted for your body, it can make all the difference.

Crisp White Shirt- Just like a blazer, I think that you can pair a crisp white shirt with almost anything and make it feel more fabulous.

Pencil Skirt- To me pencil skirts just scream sophistication.

Artsy/Creative Skirt- I like stepping outside of the box and having fun with my clothes. Every once in a while I’ll find a really great skirt that is my “go-to” piece for those days that I just don’t have anything to wear. (Which after living in a developing country for a while these types of days should be few and far between, but I still have those moments where I can’t find anything in my closet that suits my cravings for that particular day).

Pair of Jeans- I’m not really a jean person but I do wear them and think that they are essential for those days where you just want to be comfortable and casual. I usually reach for a darker wash or even a black jean when I’m searching for the right pair.

Red Dress - Red is my favorite color…for me it’s the new black. (Who says that you have to have a “little black dress in your closet right?!?!... Actually a lot of people say that, and I agree too, but I say wear what makes you feel fabulous and red just makes me feel fearless and glamorous).

Nice Pair of Pumps or Heels- Black for me is essential, but anything else changes with the seasons and trends. I love having fun with shoes, bags, and accessories if I’m keeping everything else classic.

Comfy Pair of Flats - As much as I would like to walk around in heels 24/7, it’s not going to happen. I have no idea how some women can wear platform shoes ALL DAY…it’s amazing really!

Nice Warm Coat- I love pea coats, but I may be on the look out for a new style come fall. (I have a pea coat that I bought in London back in 05’ and I’ve been wearing it every winter so it might be a little hard for me to separate from it this year…we’ll have to revisit this then).

Classic Watch- Honestly, I have NEVER worn a watch in the past, (I’m one of those “I’m not late, I’ fashionably late” people), but I like the way they look….and I’m tired of being late to things!

An Eye Catching Scarf- Have fun…Be as bright or as muted as you like. I think that scarves add extra jazz to an outfit.

A Smile -Ok….you can’t buy this at a store, but it’s free and it makes ANY outfit look better J

P.S. My motto is to try not to get caught up in the hype of the latest trends and fads. Wear what makes you feel good and you’ll be setting your own trends. Dare to be original!

 

2 comments:

  1. I agree with everything you said in this post. Look forward to more fashion post. I would also add to the list: statement necklace or a cute handbag

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Anonymous, thank you. I agree about the accessories! It always surprises me how the right necklace or a great handbag can literally transform an outfit.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate ya'll for taking the time to comment. Tell me your thoughts, and I'll try to respond back as soon as possible. Have a good day :)