3/18/13

Monologue Monday: Sarah K

Happy Monday everyone!

Today’s Monologue Monday post is coming from one of my favorite bloggers, Sarah K. I love checking out her posts throughout the week, as she usually has a variety of different topics that are relevant to almost anyone.
I only found her blog a few months ago, and I’m amazed that it took me so long to stumble upon her site! You should definitely check it out when you get a chance.
Today she’s going to be talking about how she new her husband was the one. I read her post right after she sent it to me, and all I could do was smile. Love happens for different people in different ways, but in the words of Sarah, ‘when you know, you just know’.
So here is how she knew that her husband was the one:

Monologue Monday: Sarah K


Hello Virgin Monologuez readers!

I'm Sarah and I blog over at Love, Sarah K.

Today I'm going to share my story on how I knew my husband was the right guy for me. I don't really believe that anyone can really be the one, but more like a better match. :) (If that makes sense)

I've had many failed relationships prior to meeting my husband. And I was done with guys. You'll realize when you're not searching anymore, a great guy usually appears. It's crazy how that happens.

I moved to a new suburb area a week before Labor Day weekend and was invited by a friend to come out for lunch and just hang out.

That's where I met H. H and I didn't talk much to each other in the beginning until we got to the coffee shop and ended up sitting in front of each other. I found out he was not from Texas either and was here for his job.

After our first encounter, we started talking more as friends and hung out more in group settings. That was really interesting because there really was no pressure when we hung out and it was very relaxed. In the beginning I didn't think much of H, just thought he would make a really great friend, but after a couple of weeks, I realized this was the type of guy I should end up with. He was different than all the other relationships I had. I could totally be myself (this is key girls) and even if I did something embarrassing he was very sweet about it. Also, in my past relationships the guys would always flake out on outings and stuff, leaving me super disappointed, but H was different. He never flaked out on me and when he said yes to something, he delivered!

About a month later, we finally became official as boyfriend and girlfriend.

Six months later we were engaged. Four months later we were married!!

So we met, dated, got engaged, and got married all in one year.

You might be thinking, wow that is so fast, but seriously, when you know you just know. I know single girls hate this statement, but you'll feel it. I used to have a certain list of traits I wanted in a man that I'd pray about, but after all my heartbreaks, I gave up on that and just asked that God would send a man that just liked me for who I was... Simple right? And I knew H accepted me for who I was because I was completely myself when I was around him. That's how I knew.


1 comment:

  1. All I can say is wow!!! And congrats, love your story

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate ya'll for taking the time to comment. Tell me your thoughts, and I'll try to respond back as soon as possible. Have a good day :)