1/28/13

Monologue Monday: Blogging While Single and 30


I am so excited about today’s Monologue Monday’s guest blogger!
Her name is Jessie, and she’s the creator of the site Blogging While Single and 30. She’s also extremely nice and very kindhearted. I stumbled upon her site a while ago, and I was instantly drawn into her personality and her story telling abilities. After stalking checking out her site for a while, I finally decided to just ask her if she would mind sharing her story here and she happily obliged. (Needless to say I was over the moon, but that’s just because she’s so fabulous!)
Anyway, enough of me trying to tell you about her…. I tend to ramble from time to time…sorry about thatJ…. but her site and her story speak for themselves.
I will add one more thing though…when I told her how thankful I was for her sharing her personal story with us she simply stated “My testimony is not for my journal. It’s for the world”. She even shared a personal poem that she wrote in hopes that it might speak to someone else who might be going through the some of the same things. If that’s not one of the most selfless and compassionate attitudes, I don’t know what is!
(You should really check out her site… if you haven’t done so already!!!)

Here is her story in her own words:

“November”


***Disclaimer*** This poem was written when I was a teenager. This was my view at that time.
 
November was the month it came,
All the temptation; all the pain
Nights so lovely; nights so sweet
Days so dark; soul so week
November was the month it came,
Shattered my heart; made tears of vain
Nights sinful, full of evil
It was okay to the world, but in the Bible illegal
November was the month it was gone
Took my right; left my wrong
Night’s full of passion, nights so uncommon
Took my childishness; In its place left a woman

I lost my virginity at 16. It was Thanksgiving Day. Why that day? I wanted it to be special. Never mind that it would have been more special to wait and give myself to my husband. In my mind, he was going to be my husband. In my mind, we were going to live happily ever after. In my mind, I had found the one! Hmmmm, not so much. That same person that said he loved me to the moon and back cheated on me, had a baby by someone else, hit me, talked bad to me, and so on and so on. It was hard for me to grasp or understand what love truly was. What it truly meant and what it felt like.
Fast forward to now. I know how it feels to be truly loved. God has shown so much grace over the years. He’s allowed me to excel at my job, serve in ministry, and walk in my purpose. That’s love. No matter what I’ve done in the past; He keeps loving me. Through the love He’s shown, I’ve learned to love myself. I’ve learned to respect myself. I’ve learned to not let hurt or shame hinder me. I was able to move on from November and enjoy new seasons.






 


***P.S. Friday, 1 February 2013, starts our “Love Yourself” campaign. Please stop by and join in on the fun. Celebrate yourself!!!

1 comment:

I really appreciate ya'll for taking the time to comment. Tell me your thoughts, and I'll try to respond back as soon as possible. Have a good day :)