1/24/12

Transparency

A friend of mine was recently corresponding with me via email when she said something so real- I literally had an aha moment! (You will meet her in about two weeks when she shares her story with us for Monologue Monday- it really is going to be inspirational and candid so stay tunedJ).

But back to the post… I was asking her if she would mind sharing her story when she responded by saying, “I would love to share my story…there is no power when you aren’t transparent about your past”.
In a society where wearing a mask has become more “real” than being yourself, it takes boldness and honesty to face yourself and to say this is who I am- that was my past, but this is who I have become now.
What type of a people have we become when our “reality” is scripted and the mask that we wear is synonymous with authenticity?
The reason why this was an aha moment for me is because writing this blog is not just inspirational and enjoyable for me as I meet all of you (and I really do LOVE meeting all of you), but it is therapeutic because I am having to face my self and be real with who I have been, who I am now, and who I really want to become in the future.
It’s so easy to persuade people to think that you have it all together, and that everything is picture perfect in your life, but where is the testimony in that? 
The reason why Monologue Monday (and every other part of this blog) is so important and so encouraging is because it is candid and real. What are we hiding from…there is freedom in acknowledging, forgiving, and moving forward.
In the very wise words of Max de Pree:
“We need to give each other the space to grow, to be ourselves, to exercise our diversity. We need to give each other space so that we may both give and receive such beautiful things as ideas, openness, dignity, joy, healing, and inclusion”.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate ya'll for taking the time to comment. Tell me your thoughts, and I'll try to respond back as soon as possible. Have a good day :)