7/8/13

Monologue Monday: What are your thoughts?

Hi peeps!

I was just looking over some of my previous posts and realized that my last one was around my birthday and that was almost two weeks ago now…sorry about that! (I feel like I’ve been saying that a lot, but I would rather keep saying it and keep you posted on what’s happening around here- even if that means I risk sounding redundant- just so you can have an idea of what’s going on).

The good news is that things are almost back to normal, and hopefully that means that my posts will be more consistent and worth your time (not saying that they haven’t been lately but I do realize that time is valuable, and if you are taking even a few minutes out of your day to spend it reading something that I wrote- which I’m always extremely grateful for btw- then I want to make it worth your while!).

That being said, I’m more than anticipating when everything is back to normal and I have more time and opportunities to get back to doing male perspective interviews, fashion posts, asking other women to share their stories, and so forth.

Ok, but I’m getting a bit off track so let me get back to the topic at hand for today’s post. Instead of writing a monologue, I thought I would ask you a question and get your responses.

So lately, I’ve been hearing a number of people discussing their opinions about how remaining a virgin until marriage or even practicing abstinence is all but extinct. Since waiting is something that I wholeheartedly believe in- both for spiritual and personal reasons- their arguments piqued my interests and I thought I would come this way and ask your opinion.

So what are your thoughts on the matter?

Do you think saving one’s self for marriage or practicing abstinence is an outdated practice?

Please leave your comment below, or feel free to email me if you feel uncomfortable leaving your response that way, and I’ll be back sometime next week to give my perspective and to share some of your responses.


2 comments:

  1. To answer your question, I don't think it is an outdated practice, but a forgotten practice. We live in a world that is so dominated by sex that we think that it's ok to give ourselves away. Never understanding that after we have given ourselves away we are left feeling empty and unsatisfied.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great insight Shar. Thanks so much for the response! I recently got back to America, and got so caught up into spending time with my family and friends that I forgot to come back and comment on this...which is why I have since decided to take a break from blogging for a while and just focus on catching up on the things that I have missed over the past couple of years. I do appreciate you responding to this though, and feel bad that I didn't write a reponse to the post as I said I would. That said, once I return to blogging, I will try to touch on this topic in some capacity. Thank you again, and I hope you have a good week :)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate ya'll for taking the time to comment. Tell me your thoughts, and I'll try to respond back as soon as possible. Have a good day :)